Taisei Buffet

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

If Taisei can eat it, So can you

Look what Taisei's eating! I'm such a proud father. If you're not Taiwanese (or Chinese too, perhaps) you probably won't be able to tell what it is.

In mandarin, it's called "pi dan" (1st tone, 4th tone). In English, we call it "thousand year old egg." We have more if you're interested. Come over and have some anytime!


Taisei's so cool. haha!

7 comment(s):

eeeeeeeeeewwww.

By Blogger Esther, at 8/08/2007 5:16 PM  

I love thousand year old eggs! Especially in my congee! I often wonder how they are able to make the middle of the yolk so gooey... I've heard stories about soaking the eggs in horse urine... I'd rather not know of that's the truth.

By Blogger Heckachan, at 8/09/2007 6:55 PM  

Okay, I'm pretty sure I've never given it a chance but I don't even really like standard, American market eggs.

By Blogger Esther, at 8/10/2007 4:06 PM  

taisei looks like he's chunking up somewhat. noticed in the vancouver pictures, too. is this an illusion or is it real?

By Blogger Michelle, at 8/12/2007 3:38 PM  

Well, the good (or bad) thing about Pi Dan is that it's nothing like "American standard eggs." Lisa's right - "pi dan shou rou zhou" is yummy! Come over and we'll give you some, Es. :)

Nah - I think it's an illusion. Taisei's not gaining weight. He seems to only be willing to eat every 2 or 3 days still. The rest of the time, there are more important things to do than eat.

By Blogger Jerin, at 8/12/2007 4:36 PM  

I found out Adele really likes dim sum. She doesn't get as excited about American food as she does Chinese food.

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 8/21/2007 11:48 AM  

Taisei definitely likes Chinese food and Japanese food better than American food in general. Especially pot stickers and miso soup.

By Blogger Jerin, at 8/21/2007 12:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home