Taisei Buffet

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Taisei's Favorite Treat

Taisei's still not a great eater. He gets bored of food before we think he's full. Then it's off to the races. Or maybe he just always has something he'd rather do than eat.

But there's one thing that he'll drop everything to come eat. I first noticed this when I took him to a church meeting where the teacher passed these asian treats out to the boys - he was screaming for me to open it. Mommy must have introduced these to him and he knew what it was.

9 comment(s):

Mmmm. Yum. Taisei has good taste. Maybe he'll like rice wih seaweed sauce. I used to love that when I was kid. Actually, still do, but after I used up my last jar, the chinese store never restocked.

By Blogger Esther, at 5/14/2007 5:54 PM  

Seaweed sauce? Hm.. I'm not even sure what you're talking about. It it the kind we use with rice porridge?

By Blogger Jerin, at 5/14/2007 11:00 PM  

Adele loves seaweed too! Back when she would eat hardly ANYTHING at all. I am happy to report that all of a sudden, she likes eating things she used to hate, like cooked vegetables, chicken, potatoes. (She used to be a bread and fruit-atarian) So perhaps Taisei will eventually realize what he is missing out on!

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 5/15/2007 7:00 PM  

Man, he's growing up so quick! He seems like he's moved on to a whole new stage since we saw him in March (I guess it has be 1.5 months). :)

By Blogger andrew, at 5/17/2007 9:17 PM  

Woah, our biggest commenter must have emerged from hibernation! Welcome back Dru Tang.

Yep, you're right. It seems like the walking milestone is a HUGE one. Just having an added perspective of just a few feet changes everything.

Today at the SLC airport, he surprised us by walking almost at our pace halfway to the end of terminal B on the way to our gate! He eventually got sidetracked and wanted to play, so we picked him back up.

By Blogger Jerin, at 5/18/2007 12:15 AM  

Yeah, it's a jar of thick brown liquid. Kind of chunky almost. Oyster sauce is pretty good on rice too, but I love the seaweed sauce.

By Blogger Esther, at 5/21/2007 10:53 AM  

That is so funny! So Asian, I love it! I noticed the way he so skillfully rolled the seawood into a ball before he put it into his mouth!

By Blogger Nate and Mags, at 6/02/2007 9:18 PM  

hey sorry about lack of comments- we are reading just so exhausted from traveling that we were only reading, not updating or commenting anywhere. i think elias is starting to catch up on sleep, so soon we will too. this video was very cute. has little yu tried sushi rice and seaweed yet? btw, do you have yeonju's address? can you email it to me? would appreciate it very much!

By Blogger Michelle, at 6/03/2007 11:18 AM  

Brennan loves that too......I am sure Clayton will be also once he gets a chance to try

By Blogger ZhaoKids, at 6/07/2007 10:17 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home