Taisei Buffet

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Return From Japan - First Impressions

They back! I can't believe how much older Taisei looks. To me, instead of a baby-baby, he now looks like a toddler-baby. I don't know how you can explain the age different between 7 weeks, but a parent can tell.

Taisei has been grumpy probably because of the time change. Everyone was wiped out, including me. I had some bad lasagna yesterday and ended up missing work this morning. So we all slept a good part of the afternoon.

I didn't think it was possible, but I think Taisei really has forgotten who I am. When I took him from Wami the first time at the airport, he made a big frown and started to cry. Then when I went in to get him from his nap, he also started to cry. He needs his mommy for comfort nowadays. At the end of the day, he started to smile at me and let me hold him, but I think it's going to take a little time. I'm not worried about it, but it's a little sad, you know what I mean?

Some things he does now that didn't he didn't do before:
  • He semi-crawls by pushing with his feet, not his knees.
  • He sits up to admire the scenery.
  • He whines when he wants something.
  • He eats food!
  • He wants mommy (and doesn't know who daddy is yet)
  • New faces - scrunched up happy face, big huge frowny face
  • New sounds - grunting, squealing, high-pitched happy sounds, whining
Well, it's only been a few hours. Hopefully it will click in his mind who I am. I wish I didn't have to go to work for the next week. Wish me luck!


Here's Taisei and Grandma Micchan.

4 comment(s):

Sometimes when Aaron has been at school late and doesn't see Adele for a few days, she cries like she doesn't know him.(Well, at least she did it a few months ago). And once my sister in law left her kids with another sister. The youngest girl - maybe 2 at the time - wouldn't go to her mom when they came home after a 10 day cruise! She cried and wanted her aunt who had been taking care of her! (Of course, then her mom cried because she was so sad that her daughter didn't want to come to her) So it's totally normal... Taisei will remember in no time.

It's amazing how quick they change, huh?! Just from your new pictures of Taisei I feel like he's so different now. I can't wait to see him!

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 11/10/2006 8:10 PM  

Am, that makes me feel better. I guess in the light of that information, there's no way he wouldn't have forgotten me after 6-7 weeks, huh?

By Blogger Jerin, at 11/10/2006 10:16 PM  

You know that scrunched up picture of Teisei? Even though I've never seen you make that face, he looks a lot like you there ...

Also, I can't remember if it was Am or me, but I think Mom said she got a haircut once when we were little, and either Am or me (I think it was me) acted weird around her and she realized either Am or I didn't recognize her ...

By Blogger Esther, at 11/21/2006 10:36 PM  

love that scrunched up face!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5/13/2007 11:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home