Taisei Buffet

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Dinosaurs and English

Wami's fear has come true sooner than she thought. For the first time yesterday, Taisei corrected his mama's English. It occurred at bedtime, when I was away taking care of Boy Scouts. Taisei had had a big "Dinosaur-day." They read dinosaur books at the library for story time, so he checked out several dinosaur books for bedtime. Here's the conversation:

Mama: "Dino-pets..." (title of the book)
Taisei: "No, mama. It's Di-no-saaaaur!"
Mama: "Ok. Di-no-so-ah, ne."
Taisei: "Mama, Di-No-saoR." (attempting to enunciate)

Probably as Taisei's English gets better and better, which will be faster than it was for me, since my parents primarily spoke Mandarin at home when I was this age, Taisei will probably give his mama a harder and harder time. Poor Mama. :) The funny thing is - so far, Taisei himself has a Japanese accent sometimes.

5 comment(s):

I laughed so hard on this one. Oh well, sooner or later, I'll be on the same boat as Wami. :(

By Blogger Amber(怡文), at 3/06/2009 5:44 AM  

Ha ha, I've noticed Taisei's occasional Japanese accent. It's adorable on him. That's funny that he made a correction.

By Blogger Esther, at 3/06/2009 10:59 AM  

Haha! That's funny. Is "dinosoah ne" the Japanese way to say dinosoar, or is it just the way Wami pronounced it?

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 3/07/2009 7:56 PM  

"Dinosoah (Dinosaur in Japanese accent) ne(It means "isn't it")"

:)

By Blogger Wami, at 3/10/2009 3:30 PM  

OMG, this IS sooo funny and cute! But again, it's not so funny 'cause I know it will happen to me, too. I wanna hear Taisei's Japanglish! I know it is soo cute =) Maybe next time he sees Cole, he can teach him ;=)

By Blogger kaori, at 4/13/2009 1:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home